Gas assisted moulding is commonly used to produce thin plastic components in complex shapes. The process is based on the use of a pressurised gas to transfer pressure to the material to be moulded. The gas must not react with the material and must avoid the formation of mechanical stresses. High pressure nitrogen (at 100-350 bar) is the ideal plastics moulding gas.
The ideal solution is a single unit incorporating a high purity nitrogen generator and a compressor for pressures of up to 350 bar.
The combined generator-compressor provides the customer with a turn-key solution for feeding one or more moulding presses without having to deal with two different suppliers for the nitrogen generation and compression phases.
Each press can be fed from its own independent nitrogen generator, or from a centralised system feeding the entire plant.
- Economical: between 70% and 300% savings in the cost of nitrogen
- Independence from compressed and liquid gas suppliers
- Flexible modular system, expandable in time without replacements
- Adjustable gas purity: different purity ratings can be set according to the material being moulded
- Ultra-pure oil-free nitrogen thanks to sophisticated filtration systems
LASER CUT nitrogen generators